No, no longer those, I am now:
- I am no longer the care-free lad of wonderful freedoms from very few chores, whose most memorable days were spent outdoors;
- I am no longer the tall, thin teen learning of life, love, and duty just beginning his search for truth and beauty;
- I am no longer the ambitious young adult of promising careers and parenthood, who watches his growing sons and knows that 'life is good';
- I am no longer the grieving man, grappling with the mystery of God's unfolding plan;
- I am no longer the young-at-heart man, discovering that to love again, I can;
- I am no longer among the middle-aged ones, learning to delight in the miracles of granddaughters and grandsons.
the older, perhaps wiser man, looking 'back at times....asking, "Have I done all I can?"......;
the older, perhaps wiser man, looking around, thankfully, at the treasure of 'family' held in my hands;
the older, perhaps wiser man, looking up, anticipating the day when God has completed this man's plan.